Fuel tank sender

Thomba48

I've got an adjustable single wire sending unit I got from Yogi's Auto Parts by mistake. I ordered a two wire. I never returned it thinking somebody here might need one eventually.

Tom

I got the same unit as you did from Speedway. I wonder if you could take a single wire gauge and put it in a P-15? Do the 50-54 units have a black face and white #s? Curious minds would like to know....

call the best place to get parts for plymotuh's hands down, there friendly service, and knowledge is what you need. they have the answers and at the ight price.

http://www.robertsmotorparts.com/index.html

Email: sales@robertsmotorparts.com

Information: (978)-363-5407 or (978)-363-5881

Fax: (978)-363-2026

Orders only: (800)-231-3180

GARY ROBERTS IS THE MAN HAND DOWN!

call the best place to get parts for plymotuh's hands down, there friendly service, and knowledge is what you need. they have the answers and at the ight price.

http://www.robertsmotorparts.com/index.html

Email: sales@robertsmotorparts.com

Information: (978)-363-5407 or (978)-363-5881

Fax: (978)-363-2026

Orders only: (800)-231-3180

GARY ROBERTS IS THE MAN HAND DOWN!

I've bought a number of things from Roberts without too much trouble, but I did buy a sender from him that has never worked right. I tried new wires, running a ground wire, I even sent it back to him asking them to check it out. He sent me back the same unit with a couple of extra washers telling me that the screws THEY SENT WITH THE UNIT were going down too far. They say that is what caused the brass housings in the unit to spin when trying to tighten the screws. SO, I try to get them tightened without having everything turn. I think the gauge read right for 2 days. That's why I'm thinking about a 1 wire unit. If I could put The face on mine in, It should work with the unit I got from Yogi's, which was supposed to be for my car, but is a 1 wire setup. Wayne P.

My 1938 Chrysler has the original one wire fuel sending unit. Not sure when they went to the two wire unit but I think it was a problem so they switched back to the one wire unit around 1950. My '48 has the two wire unit but my '53 has the one wire. Go figure!:P

I got this single wire sending unit from JC Whitney and modified it to work. It works great. I forget the part #. There is also a link on how to modify it forgot what that is also, I did mine a little different from the link. Im sure someone here knows what link I am talking about.

DSCN2785.jpg

DSCN2787.jpg

DSCN2786.jpg