different

I was wondering how the nose would look if it was welded to the fenders. Now i know.

Which means......? No welded fenders?

The body work looks rough, and the paint uneven. Probably why he went with a satin finish. The description makes it sound like the body and paint is complete, but doesn't come off that way. Otherwise, the guy put a lot of work into it. If there was more chrome, or the color was, say...charcoal gray or silver....the grille would look better, looks cool, but looks like its floating. So if it was mine, I put more highlights in, like black floorboards, unfrench the lights, accent the front with a bumber and/or black out the inside area of the grille. .....someone did ask me, right? lol:D

48D

Which means......? No welded fenders?

The body work looks rough, and the paint uneven. Probably why he went with a satin finish. The description makes it sound like the body and paint is complete, but doesn't come off that way. Otherwise, the guy put a lot of work into it. If there was more chrome, or the color was, say...charcoal gray or silver....the grille would look better, looks cool, but looks like its floating. So if it was mine, I put more highlights in, like black floorboards, unfrench the lights, accent the front with a bumber and/or black out the inside area of the grille. .....someone did ask me, right? lol:D

48D

I'm actually glad to see this truck because it has answered a few questions in my mind. I had planned on welding the fender to header seams up..... not any more. I had also planned on frenching the headlights.... not any more either. a good lesson in what not to do. Bud

I agree Mario. It appears to be a canned ham trailer from the fifties. I have a 15 foot ham I am restoring along with my B3B frame-off. They are from the same era. I should be complete somewhere around 2013 at my current pace. We are forecast to hit our first 100 degree day today, and with humidity in the 50' to 60's, it is unbearable even in the shade.

Jim in Dallas

I agree Mario. It appears to be a canned ham trailer from the fifties. I have a 15 foot ham I am restoring along with my B3B frame-off. They are from the same era. I should be complete somewhere around 2013 at my current pace. We are forecast to hit our first 100 degree day today, and with humidity in the 50' to 60's, it is unbearable even in the shade.

Jim in Dallas

I am headed to Dallas Friday morning for two week stint. Sounds like I will need all the freon I can muster up.

Don, this weekend is the LaGrave Field Swap Meet in Fort Worth nea the stockyards. If you want to go, I can pick you up early Saturday morning for four to five hours and back early afternoon. If not, I can give you directions. Like for you to see my project also while you're in Dallas.

Jim in Dallas

Don, this weekend is the LaGrave Field Swap Meet in Fort Worth nea the stockyards. If you want to go, I can pick you up early Saturday morning for four to five hours and back early afternoon. If not, I can give you directions. Like for you to see my project also while you're in Dallas.

Jim in Dallas

Sounds like fun but. I have to work every day I am there. Except maybe July 4th. I will keep you posted.