New Front Look

So thought I'd show what I've been up to. New front look consists of the buick grille that I posted in an earlier thread, two 5 1/2 inch chrome bullets from ebay, and a 48-54 chevy truck bumper. The grille is not yet finished and I only have it sitting in the opening to get the idea across.

Going to just post a link to another forum site because the pics are bigger there and dont have time to resize it for here. Hope this is ok with everyone.

http://www.killbillet.com/showthread.php?t=16120

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I appreciate it.

The reason I went with the Chebby bumper was kind of a mix of issues I was having.

The first issue was that the orignal bumper was dented and bent upwards on the right by about an inch. Cant tell in the pictures but it was really crooked when you looked at it straight on. So I needed a new bumper for it.

The second issue was the style I was going for. I wanted something that sat closer to the body than the original. The first choice for a new bumper that would sit closer to the body was a 49 Plymouth bumper.

The third issue was money. After looking around various places I realized I couldnt pick up the much desired 49 Plymouth bumper for less than $200(shipped). So that was out of the question. I ended up finding the Chebby bumper on evilbay. It was a brand new reproduction bumper that had been powder coated black. It cost me $35 plus $15 for shipping. Not a hard decision on that one.

In conclusion the new Chebby bumper is straight, sits nice and close to the body, fits into my budget, and overall just goes with the plan I have for the truck. I prefer putting Mopar stuff on Mopars, Chebby on Chevys, Fourd on Fords, etc.. but for the overall Hot Rod/Custom look it just didnt work out like that this time.

Also that is an early 70s Dodge 318 powerplant in the engine bay. Nice little engine. Parts are available almost anywhere and gives it that get up and go.

Thanks again for the feedback.