aftermarket spark plug wires

trying to tune up new engine so it runs perfect and decided the cheeesy new wire set i got from roberts are defective..I messed with them for hours..first i had to put ends on (which i've never done before) second they dont pop in holes on dist. cap at all..always fall out etc....

Does anyone know if i can walk into kragen..autozone..napa and get a set of good wires off the shelf that will fit good? premade?

went to all 3 websites and no real luck..just mainly the universal accel wires..which i hate too..

thx.

kevin

Here's what Napa online shows for a B-3-B. It looks like a universal type kit, but if you want to run the wires through the coil bracket tubes like they are originally, you need to be able to put the ends on after fishing them through. Also, they should be a tight fit into the cap. Give them a good push and they should snap into place.

43028.jpg

Full link http://www.napaonline.com/NOLPPSE/(S(qetgpw55mcfmzfnnvwc3mm55))/Detail.aspx?A=BEL700170_0192378306&An=599001+101952+50022+2022105+25001

Merle

I bought my wire set from Andy B. But.........it was just the copper strand type wire, rubber boot for the distributor ends and the copper ends that needed to be pushed on the wire and clamped on. So........you can really go to NAPA or another store and buy that stuff.

Like Merle mentioned, if you are using the tubes to hold the wires, you have to have the boots off to get them through the tube. As far as putting the connecting ends onto the wires, I just used a pair of pliers to clamp them on and that worked fine. Regardless if you buy the ready made wires or not, you are still going to have to push the wires hard down into the distributor cap to lock them in and make a good connection. Actually, I prefer the ones you have to put together because usually the ready made ones are not stranded copper and probably won't work as good or last as long.

If you have already messed up a couple of the connectors that clamp onto the wires, you can buy extras at the auto parts store and redo them. I have no boots on the end that connects to the spark plug and have no problems.