P15 positive ground point question

37silverstreak

I was just wondering where the original ground point for the positive battery cable was on the P15 engine? My car has a 1950 engine installed and its ground point was a special tapped head bolt. I have all new head bolts and I don't really want to reuse the old one so I'm looking for a new place to attach the ground cable. Thanks!

The original spot was to a special bolt for the purpose. It is one of the bolt the holds the generator bracket on.  This bolthas a threaded portion above the head that accepts the cable end a lock washer and the but.

If you don't want to use the old head bolt, l have seen lots attached to the thermostat housing.

I'm with JBNeal on this one.  I had a custom 00 ground cable made that had the primary connection to a starter bolt, but also had two 1 gauge jumpers; one went to the body, the other went to the frame.  No floating grounds on this car!

Marty