Motor Manual

medium_jon

I'm a new owner of a 1950 P20 Special Deluxe Club Coupe and trying to learn all I can. This is the first antique auto I've ever owned or worked on. These forums here frequently mention a "Motor" manual. I have an official Service Manual that covers the body and some engine items of the P20 series. But, what is the Motor manual and where do I find one?

Engine number is: P20*316710* as shown in the photo below.

Also, I thought many of the Plymouth engines were painted green. Mine is black. Does that mean anything?

IMG_8875.jpg

It's correct name is Motors Repair Manual. They covered all makes of cars for

several years, for instance 1940-1954. Very useful book. Check e-bay maybe

to find one.

Most, if not all, Plym. engines were originally silver. Maybe the black ones were made at night!

Just kidding.

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=19345524644&searchurl=sts%3Dt%26kn%3D1950%26tn%3DMotors%2Bmanual%26sortby%3D17

This is what you are looking for. There will be some for sale that might start at 1947 and end at 1955,or other years,but as long as they have a blue cover,say Motors Manual on the front,and cover 1950 cars,that is the one you want.

You can also look on ebay and other places now that you know what you are looking for.

Excellent reference book mine is 1935-1950, you never know when you might buy a different old car.

I found my Motors Repair Manual in a antique store! It covers 1935-1952. It's in perfect condition and cost $15. Very good reference for repairing the old autos.

14 minutes ago, medium_jon said:

Thanks all. I got my Motors Auto Repair Manual on its way -- ordered from eBay. 

You are going to come to look back at that purchase as some of the best money you ever spent.

• Like 3