OT-Thinking of doing an engine swap...

adam_knox

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, New member here. Have searched threads and found no info so far. A friend has offered me a good 413 w/torqueflight. My original flathead is worn out (already) in my '48 flatbed. Thinking of this swap and cannot find any info, whether or not it will fit, any adapters or motor mounts available, etc. Any info greatly appreciated.

Why settle for a small little 10 when you can get a nice 16 right here in the area' date=' at Waukesha Engine.:D

[img']http://www.waukeshaengine.com/images/Products_Mid/16v275gl_mid.jpg[/img]

I`v worked on a couple of the smaller 12 cylinder version of those,7042 cu".

Nice engine. Much better than the 16 cyl Cats I was also on at the time.

I would love to spend some time on one of those 100,000 hp jobs.

Edited by Tony WestOZ

Hi, New member here. Have searched threads and found no info so far. A friend has offered me a good 413 w/torqueflight. My original flathead is worn out (already) in my '48 flatbed. Thinking of this swap and cannot find any info, whether or not it will fit, any adapters or motor mounts available, etc. Any info greatly appreciated.

Yes it will fit, use the search function and also use the Pilot-house side it is for trucks.

The starter motor on that thing would have enough herbs by itself.........lol........andyd

I was just thinking about a starter. I would think mine should work with a little alignment tinkering. :cool: I sometimes forget to turn my headlights off.:o Could I just pop the clutch with this engine?