Front brake drums

Suddensix

I am using a pair of fronts from a 53 on my 48. I was told it wouldn't work, but it does.

I got them in a yard in daho and put them in my luggage to fly home. Everything stopped at the terminal when they x-rayed them and wouldn't let me near them to open the bag and show them what they were. It seems on the x-ray, they look exactly like claymore mines. After much explaining, they opened them very carefully and them let it go, but they were very unhappy with me.

I am using a pair of fronts from a 53 on my 48. I was told it wouldn't work, but it does.

I got them in a yard in daho and put them in my luggage to fly home. Everything stopped at the terminal when they x-rayed them and wouldn't let me near them to open the bag and show them what they were. It seems on the x-ray, they look exactly like claymore mines. After much explaining, they opened them very carefully and them let it go, but they were very unhappy with me.

That's a riot Niel, would love to have been a fly on the wall at that airport. I'm sure you must be on some kind of watch list after that episode.

Niel, that is funny. Had a similar incident myself years ago at the airport here in Milwaukee. That was back when they first started checking carry on luggage in the 70's, before they had the x-ray machines and metal detectors. At that time a sheriff's deputy did the inspections of the carry ons. Two other salesmen and myself were flying into the home office for the day to pick up new company cars. I had just sold all three of our old company cars to a dealer. None of us had any luggage since we were going to turn around and come straight home. The only luggage was my briefcase. I had nothing in the briefcase except 3 sets of Ohio license plates.:D Had the checks and paperwork for selling the cars in my coat pocket. As soon as the sheriff's deputy opened my briefcase and saw only the three sets of Ohio plates in it he said: "You three over against the wall and empty your pockets on the table!":D :D After explaining and showing him the paperwork he called my company to verify it. He then let us go.

Needless to say we got the business when we got to the home office. As soon as we walked in everyone said: "Here comes the three hoods from Milwaukee!" That stuck with us for years when we would go into the home office.:D

So I guess we now address you as Claymore Hoback from now on.:D

I am sure most of us of the Vietnam era know all about Claymore mines. I watched the new Rambo movie a few weeks back. Same old stuff, run through the jungle, be macho, grunt on occasion, and kill bad guys. In one scene Rambo sets off a Claymore. It looked more like an atomic bomb. The shock wave went in all directions with enough force to make a cow fly.

Anyone know how many years the front drums from a 49 P18 will fit. Seems to me they are the same from 41 to 54 but I might be dreaming. Any and all help from you knowledgeable rascals greatly appreciated.
I have a 40 plymouth and I know your system is different then mine, I belive you guy's have two wheel cylinders if I am not mistaken:D

Ok, I go on a trip to the Bahama's anyone that has seen me knows that I am very clean cut and well groomed. stayed at a friends villa. 2 weeks three days. I had no shaving stuff and no way to cut my hair or get a hair cut. I got some wooden heads from the Ilanders. These things were carved fantastic, also had cothes that made out of that very shear cloth. I got to customs and they went though my bags and found the 4 heads. They took one look at me and knew, I heard one guy asy to the other " look what we got here" I told them there was nothing inside the head and he just laughed:) You know what he did next:mad: He bust my head wide open. That idiot his buddy bust the other, at this time their boss came in, I told them if they bust another they will pay for it. The boss said they were solid and they let me and my artifacts go. I love those heads I still have them. however the other two are lost to destruction:cool: that was 22 years ago, I wonder if the contents kept...........it's a big world little atom:D

Rodney, I thought this was gonna be the true life "snakes on a plane", you being an expert snake handler and all.

Suddensix, my Hollander book says 49 and 50 Plymouth fronts were different, and their number crosses over to no other years or models of any Chrysler product.

That said, I have a pair of 50 front drums and if the need arises I'll bolt them onto my 53 in a heartbeat and see how they work.

PS the Hollander says the 37-48 passenger cars use one single type, the 49-50 use another, and the 51-56 with 10" brakes use another.