Wiring Harness

sam knopik

I was looking at the offering at Rhode Island Wiring and they offer the harness in seperate pieces of the truck. If I am planning on rewiring the truck but am on a limited buget can I do it in phases or should a guy do the whole this at the same time. (This is not a frame off deal. I'm just trying to get it reliable.)

Thanks

Ed, The box it's in has 40 Dodge written on it faintly. The box was shipped to Harrys Garage in Kansas City in 1943. The box has the old factory DCPD logo on it. After looking at it again I'm not really sure what year it's for but it's pre war. I'm thinking it might be pre sealed beams too. Here's a photo of the harness and another close up of the headlignt wires.

MVC-003F-3.jpg

MVC-004F-5.jpg

You're right Reg. Those look like the plugs that go into the back of the reflector for the old bulb type lights. I'll have check and see what the wiring looks like for the 40 ply headlights I have.

Maybe that would work after all. I was thinking my buckets might have had their own wiring interally. That plug looks like it might plug right into this bottom piece. Look at the left one.

DSC00302.jpg

Sounds good. I'll have to check and make sure my headlights have enough left to plug that thing into. Also I was probably going to end up using the red lights which from the pic I can't tell if they have it or not.