Make shift linkage

Rodney_Hamon

Have to laugh at myself for using a drafting protractor to rehook a throttle cable to the carb.  The original piece of linkage is lost to the ages. I’m about to start hanging the fender and finally have to address this. Hmm

722708FE-7B74-4909-810D-70920B2BA12D.jpeg

• Like 1

Ok. This looks and functions better. lol. Sometimes you have to amuse yourself with silliness after reading rather intense subjects. Believe me I’m learning big time though 

DB817153-3FB3-47E5-BC4B-B21F35F5513C.jpeg

• Like 1

You have to pull your throttle out too far, for it to work. Maybe try hooking it up so it is resting on the linkage. Then when your throttle knob is out 1/8” or so, you have a faster idle. Both of my linkage pieces are shaped like the one pictured, so yours may need some bending to keep the cable in-line with the lever. Unless I’m wrong about how your linkage works. Rick D.

D23BBDE3-2348-4501-8510-934F46364F65.jpeg

Hmmm. I’m looking at those linkage pix’s and I appreciate that. I’m sitting in the waiting area for my wife’s car oil change so when I get back home I’ll look at my setup. I never really used that throttle cable much. Proper linkage setup will be appreciated for sure! Thanks for those replies 

So what's the horizontal rod going back toward the cowl?  Is the throttle linkage behind the block, from the left-side driver position to the right side carb?  On my 47, the throttle linkage goes to the top of the block and then over to the carb.  Inquiring minds need to now. 

I just tinkered with the linkage to have a better feeling for movement of throttle cable with the accelerator linkage. First time since 1986 more or less. Upon your recommendations I gently bent the one piece to relax the throttle cable so it wouldn’t kink at the end.  It’s back to original without the hoaky extra piece. Looks better. Works good aside from needing lubrication. I don’t want to do that yet as I know it may be a hassle. Hey guys, thanks for keeping me straight.  What was I thinking there. Oh, and that horizontal rod does go back to under the floor bd and behind the block to meet up to the gas pedal. An earlier discussion about spring strength and where to attach to prompted me to improve on mine. I believe I found my original spring which was better than the weak sister that was on for no reason that I can think of.  

222F8745-47A1-4B6D-88C8-2B312143817D.jpeg