Help with data plate on door sil :.

Guest logicwireless

i have not had my plate engraved, but a co-worker of mine built a vans rv-6 experimental airplane and had his data plate engraved at a local trophy shop for $15.00. it looked great. his plate had many more characters to engrave than our pilothouse plates. i have thought that it could be stamped by buying a set of the 1/8" letter/number stamps, and making a collet for them to fit and lock into, then inserting the stamp/collet into a milling machine and using the 3 axis of a standard milling machine, just use the quill to drive the stamp into the data plate. that way you have precise distance between letters and rows. i do not think it would take much pressure to make the impression of the letter/number. would work great if you have access to a milling machine! which i happen to have. just a thought! mike in k.c.

That is a good site, but you have to have one to make a new one. I believe the original thread was that his was lost.

Their web ad states

"Think of us if you have a corroded, heater holed, sand blasted, over sprayed, rusted, bent or missing problem tag"

so it looks like they do repro missing tags they may want proof but a photocopy of the title should be good enough