Where do I start?

Purple Moo Cow

7 hours ago, joecoozie said:

Yes you can run a remote line/gas can connected directly to the fuel pump. 

You DO NOT want to run fresh gas through the line from the gas tank. It is more than likely rusted inside and the gas will pick up all that rust and deposit it into the fuel pump and carb.

As far as the grinding starter goes:

I had this problem with a rebuilt starter and it was because the gear that was replaced on the starter was too short. Had to have the correct one put on.

That could be that the starter gear is not engaging the flywheel teeth completely.

Could be the gear on the starter is not being thrust far enough.

Did you check the flywheel for broken/damaged teeth?

I did look over the flywheel as best I could, it did not appear to have any broken teeth. It's odd to me that it only does it intermittently, wasn't sure if maybe because it's new it's sticking some. If the gear was too short wouldn't it do it all the time? 

14 hours ago, Purple Moo Cow said:

I did look over the flywheel as best I could, it did not appear to have any broken teeth. It's odd to me that it only does it intermittently, wasn't sure if maybe because it's new it's sticking some. If the gear was too short wouldn't it do it all the time? 

You have to adjust solenoid plunger. Sounds like it travels to far in. There's is a description in the shop manual. Let me know if you want a copy.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, chrysler1941 said:

You have to adjust solenoid plunger. Sounds like it travels to far in. There's is a description in the shop manual. Let me know if you want a copy.

Thank you! Much appreciated. I have a manual I will check it out n get on it while I wait for my parts to come