Can’t get backing plate bolt off

Mertz

4 hours ago, billrigsby said:

Well hello, and I know the third one is not a Hyundai Santa Fe forum LOL

No. I have 2 A-body mopars as well, so fabo is like my go to for info and parts/entertainment. 

my apologies to op for drifting off topic. 

Back to removing the bolt, if yo have the other bolt out, can you move the bracket up/down with a crescent wrench?  Or is there not enough to grab? 
its been a year and a day since i had mine apart,to do the king pins, and brakes. 

I put the crescent wrench on it yesterday and the backing plate has moved a little but I think it’s mostly stuck at the control arm. Still soaking in acid until I get some ATF. The end of the bolt is now clean. 

Merry Christmas everyone. 

As a christmas present to me, I finally got the bolt loose and out. I used my little propane torch and liquid wrench with a crescent wrench on the drum side. Once I got it to turn I put the nut on and hit it with a hammer. It moved but slowly until I stripped out the nut. I used a pry bar and a hammer on the end of the bolt until it was even with the face of the control arm. I then used the pry bar on the short bolt side and hammered the control arm and it moved. Finally I put a bolt in the control arm and got it out the rest of the way. Bolt is slightly damaged but very usable. 

I did order a Sure Shot for rest of the stubborn bolts.