friend says he needs....

1just4don

actually more of a neighbor. He has ten of everything imaginable,,,but our convo turned to old dodges. Says he would like to get his 28 Dodge brothers car running again He needs a 6 cylinder distributor and a starter or pieces thereof. Sure would like to take a ride in it before the poor guy dies,,health is going south and he is like 72 or so!! Was actually quite a good mechanical guy in his 'former' life,,,now more talking than wrenchin'!!

Where would be a GOOD place to look for him,,,he doesnt do online stuff!!

Before the internet, we found all of our parts via magazines like Hemmings and club magazines, or swap meets. In fact, I had all the parts doing it that way for my engine, brakes and interior prior to having internet service in the late 90's. You could also get the telephone numbers of most of the vendors from the vendors list on various sites and give them to him. It just takes him sitting down and making a few phone calls until he comes up with the parts he needs. If he's really interesting in getting the car going again, he'll make the phone calls.

One of good things about marque specific clubs is that they are a good source for information and parts. In this case, I'd recommend that he check out the Dodge Brothers Club.

http://www.dodgebrothersclub.org/dbcwebsite/index.php

I have never been a member of it but it looks like they are pretty well organized. Without Internet access he won't get to the web site, but that club pre-dates the Internet and I assume they have local chapters and a magazine, etc.