51 B3B door weatherstripping question

Morning folks,

I am trying to clear up some confusion I have on the weatherstripping position on the doors. 

In some videos it appears that the door weatherstripping partially surrounds the door. Using the driver side it looks to go from the top left of the door across and down to the bottom bed side of the door and is attached to the body itself. But in some pictures I've found here it is attached to the door and goes all around the door except for the bottom edge where there is a rounded piece along the body of the truck pinched between the screwed on piece at the bottom.

The previous owner appears to have glued it to the door similar to the picture https://s1178.photobucket.com/user/ggdad1951/media/20130505_144308_zpsedd2e75f.jpg.htmli have no pictures on hand but can take some to clarify my description if necessary.

Thanks for all the great help yall.

John

Can someone help clear this up for me? 

Here is what you need based on my truck and what I've seen in the wild, hit the link and check out the video.  My truck had some of the most complete seals I've ever seen, nothing missing or broken off (which could lead to false conclusions) and were still somewhat pliable helping me know what was factory.

2 hours ago, JBNeal said:

Actually I think some of yours may have broken off from your pictures being crusty and all.  The cab seal should go all the way to the bottom of the door opening on the rear.  That's what I've seen on every truck I have looked at and own.  Just sayin. ?

Well this is most informative, and I admit a bit confusing. Seems there are several ways its been done. So thanks for all the input.

The kit I received came in 3 pieces, one is the for lack of a better word fluted with a square body that attaches and a lip if you will that seals against the opposite part. This piece is long enough to go from all the way around the door save the bottom.

The second piece is for the bottom and is rounded and pinched in the body area.

The third as I remember is rectangular about 3/4 to 1" and is also quite long.

Cheers.

The video I made did show all the seals for a B3 installed with new seals as I find/found on vehicles.  The door area itself does have 3 seals: L shape, C shape and "lolipop" shape.  L goes on the door front, C goes on the door frame around the door rear, and the loli goes horizontally.   You should be able to see the proper orientation of the L can C shapes on the video if you pause it. Really the only way a B3 would be done. Note the L and C shape have some overlap where the live on the door, they don't touch, but create a seal due to the overlapping lengths in their respective areas.