A little at a time

48goat

I acquired a 1948 b1b last summer and have been tinkering with it ever since, when I have the time.  So far I've done the jeep GC rear end swap, t5 tranny swap and installed Dakota Digital gage cluster. The vacuum wipers have been converted to electric with intermittent setting which was interesting to rig and ate up some of the dash room. I originally had the radio mounted where the orginal gauges where but the fabbed wiper motor ended that. Had to relocate to below the dash.  Also spent a lot of time beating out dents, these are some tough trucks!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 6

I like the Dakota gauge , anyone try the Dolpin gauge in a factory 52 speedo hole using the chrome trim . I think I  saw it somewhere but cannot find the information or picture .

I went with Auto-Meter.  My speedometer fits good in my dash, don't know the size of your hole.  The speedometer was very easy to calibrate, and can always be changed if you change tires or differential ratios.  You cannot change the odometer.  I have all 7 of the face I have and no problems with any of them yet.  Caution these only work with 12 volt negative ground.

Thx everyone, the Dakota gauges are definitely nice, kinda pricey but hopefully worth it, this one was to large for the speedo hole but I picked up another stock speaker grill and now have two speakers in the dash was contemplating on maybe using those locations for a/c vent if and when I install a/c.  Has anyone used the hurricane 1000 unit from oldairproducts? Looks like a pretty slick setup that will fit in the same location as the stock heater.