1950 Dodge Service Reciept

My mom and I were going through some old documents of my grandfather's and found this receipt for service on a truck.  I am not sure if it is my old Dolly Dodge or not.  It is dated Aug 1950, so I suspect it was the old dodge he had before Dolly, which he got in 1950.  Anyway, kid of cool.  S "Sammie". P. Griffith was the Dodge dealer in Bishop. Thee was another repair order on the back of the attached repair order for removal of an engine on a hay baler and some repairs only $50. 

post-2240-0-30831200-1468944085_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

In a vaguely dissimilar similar fashion, I bought a 50 Windsor a few years back that came out of North Dakota. I found a 1956 receipt for a tire purchase and the customer had my same last name.

• Like 4

That repair form looks very similar to the form a really good mechanic on the other side of the county used up until a few years ago when his son set up a computer system for him...it didn't have the tire tube section, but everything else looks almost dead on...how'bout that :cool:

• Like 1

Pretty expensive wash, and oil for 1950.

Using an online calculator, in today's dollars that was a $60 wash and polish, with $4 a quart oil.

Edit:   and a $29 thermostat

Edited by shel_ny
  • Like 1

Using an online inflation/value of money calculator, the total labor in today's dollars would be $219.53.  Parts in today's dollars = $187.53. :eek:

Pretty stout bill for stuff the full service gas station used to do for a fraction of that cost.

• Like 2