Getting close to needing the body to frame mounts.

casper50

Confused to say the least.  I'm getting close to needing the rubber body to frame mounts.  The parts book shows 3 different ones as far as I can tell.  One that is T shaped, one that goes with this one that is round and flat, and thicker flat ones in the rear.   part code for the first two is 23-05-10. under that number there are 4 different parts listed. the rear ones have two different code numbers.  1 is the same as the others and the other code number is 13-48-4. When I look up that number it is under "insulator running board bracket."  Totally wrong.   When I found a "mounting kit" on line and in Steele's catalog there are 4 different kinds.  2 are the same as the first 2 above and then one round one with a raised part near the inner hole.   Has anyone figured out which is needed and how many of each? I also need to find or make the "sleeve assembly".  The round washer with a tube welded on.   Anyone make/sell these?  I would guess not so I have resigned myself to welding some up.   Any help straightening out my confusion will be appreciated.   Photos of the ones in the kits/Steele's included.

post-6321-0-73447600-1458538999_thumb.jpg

post-6321-0-76114200-1458539008.jpg

post-6321-0-77153400-1458539019_thumb.jpg

post-6321-0-34282200-1458539027_thumb.jpg

post-6321-0-42467700-1458539158_thumb.jpg

Edited by casper50

It's either 6 or 9 according to your original teardown posts. It's not uncommon for manufacturers to use more than one type of mount on the same vehicle. A '48 Ford I did several years ago used 3 different types, tow were bolt through sandwich types and the third was just a cushioning mount. Those photos and notes you took of their placement when you pulled the body off should come in handy about now.

Unfortunately many were missing, broken or otherwise unrecognizable when I took the body off.  I had to cut through over half of the bolts as well.  Bolts I can get.  I just want to buy only what I need.  Tks

sorry but I have the photo in the attachment above in my manual.  It doesn't help.  Look at it.  It lists the same number for 3 different rubber mounts.  When you check the parts number that it lists in the parts book it shows four different part numbers under that number.  Have no idea which is which.