The Plymouth won 2nd place.........

BobT-47P15

............in "Convertible" class at the annual Maple Leaf Festival at Carthage, MO on the 18th of

October.  (Carthage is about 20 miles from Joplin).  It's the largest show in our area, drawing 

around 600 cars if the weather is good --- which it was.  Lots of nice rides to look at.

Voting is by other participants in the show.  

I had to leave early due to my Saturday afternoon music gig.......so was not there for the trophy

presentations.  A friend told me via facebook I had won something, but didn't know what.  There

were a few other unclaimed trophies, which the committee sent to their local O'Reilly auto parts

store to be picked up.  When I stopped in there, they had not received them yet.....but said they

would forward mine and one for a friend over to one of our O'Reilly stores.  They  finally arrived today

(Thurs) so I picked them up. (My friends won first in a class for older vehicles with a Model T

pickup they restored.)  A 66 GTO convert won first in class and a 58 Chevy  ragtop was third

in my class.      As usual, I had the only P15 there.  

DSC00854.jpg

It's always good to see that people like your car......so winning the occasional trophy isn't

necessarily a bad thing.  

Edited by BobT-47P15
  • Like 7

Congrats on the Win, Always nice to have others admire  your stuff.

• 2 years later...

This thread is old enough that I figger I'm not steeling someone's thunder. 

This from the weekend.  The 6'3" trophy I was not allowed to take home,....or even hold! 

Burger Run.jpg

IMG_6359.JPG

Edited by mrwrstory
  • Like 4

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2014 at 9:52 PM, BobT-47P15 said:

............in "Convertible" class at the annual Maple Leaf Festival at Carthage, MO on the 18th of

October.  (Carthage is about 20 miles from Joplin).  It's the largest show in our area, drawing 

around 600 cars if the weather is good --- which it was.  Lots of nice rides to look at.

Voting is by other participants in the show.  

I had to leave early due to my Saturday afternoon music gig.......so was not there for the trophy

presentations.  A friend told me via facebook I had won something, but didn't know what.  There

were a few other unclaimed trophies, which the committee sent to their local O'Reilly auto parts

store to be picked up.  When I stopped in there, they had not received them yet.....but said they

would forward mine and one for a friend over to one of our O'Reilly stores.  They  finally arrived today

(Thurs) so I picked them up. (My friends won first in a class for older vehicles with a Model T

pickup they restored.)  A 66 GTO convert won first in class and a 58 Chevy  ragtop was third

in my class.      As usual, I had the only P15 there.  

DSC00854.jpg

It's always good to see that people like your car......so winning the occasional trophy isn't

necessarily a bad thing.  

Well done