Mopar 602 Radio?

46CoupeSD

Hey everyone,

I just recently inherited my Mother's 1946 Plymouth P15 Special Deluxe Business Coupe, which she received as a high school graduation gift from her father in 1970. I was wondering if anyone has any information/instruction manuals for the Mopar 602 radio. There seems to be a plethora of information regarding the 802 radio (I have a pdf of the instructions for that model), but I cannot for the life of me find anything relating to the 5-button 602 radio. I have exhaustively searched this forum and google for information - all I've been able to find are technical drawings and schematics.

So, a few questions:

• Is the radio picture the Mopar 602 Radio?
  • Is it period correct for a 1946 Special Deluxe Business Coupe?
  • Where can I find usage instructions for this model radio?

Thanks for your help! I'm just learning to drive the P15, but so far she runs like a dream.

post-7278-0-93182900-1409850739_thumb.jpg

post-7278-0-77862300-1409851555_thumb.jpg

Edited by 46CoupeSD

Search for "radio repair", and look through the recent "radio model 606" thread, among others.

I have a 602 radio that looks like the one you have pictured.  The trick is that more than one company made them.  If you look inside the case, the manufacturer's name is there with the tube diagram, etc.  In my posting, I gave the name of a site that has diagrams for the various models.  

Thanks for the information on key search terms! I'm wondering if you (or anyone else) might know where I can find a usage manual similar to the one I've been able to track down for the 802 radio (e.g. http://vintagemoparts.com/product.php?id_product=18)

The 802 instructions detail how to set the push buttons and operate the tone controls (which is what I am mostly interested in), in addition to how to install the radio, etc.

Hey everyone,

I just recently inherited my Mother's 1946 Plymouth P15 Special Deluxe Business Coupe, which she received as a high school graduation gift from her father in 1970. I was wondering if anyone has any information/instruction manuals for the Mopar 602 radio. There seems to be a plethora of information regarding the 802 radio (I have a pdf of the instructions for that model), but I cannot for the life of me find anything relating to the 5-button 602 radio. I have exhaustively searched this forum and google for information - all I've been able to find are technical drawings and schematics.

So, a few questions:

• Is the radio picture the Mopar 602 Radio?
  • Is it period correct for a 1946 Special Deluxe Business Coupe?
  • Where can I find usage instructions for this model radio?
Thanks for your help! I'm just learning to drive the P15, but so far she runs like a dream.

Yes that is the 602 radio, and yes it is correct for a 1946 Special Deluxe