Mr. Hopkins said I can finally buy his 48!!

Hey guys just a heads up I posted an ad in the classifieds

I will be selling the parts unneeded for my hotrod project

http://p15-d24.com/classifieds/item/339-1948-pilothouse-panel-truck-parts-offer/

That's a nice-looking radiator. I don't need it, but it really does look like it might have come out of a 30k miles truck.

On mine that was a blend of cow manure and ancient undercoating, mixed with river bottom silt and volcanic ash... There is a 51 or 52 locally running a small block Chevy in a frame like that. He was in a modern car this past cruise in, had a bunch of frame rivets fail in his truck. Check them closely, he caught it before it did more than drop a crossmember and crack by a rear spring hanger.

While not as flexible as a Sweptline (61-71 Dodge truck) frame, the PH frame isn't the strongest metal in the world. Mine will be fully boxed in if I ever decide to go for the V8 swap (unless I can find a cute little 241 poly)...

• 3 weeks later...

I hate to say this but I am working on my chassis in my driveway in 70 deg weather.  I hope you can get moving on yours soon.  

Maybe put on some thermals and a down jacket?  I was in Sacramento today meeting with the sandblaster guy about what needs to be cleaned.

Am doing the interior, undercarriage and spot areas on the exterior where the patch panel work needs to be done.  Will post pics soon.

Richard