Fitting A '35 Chrysler 6 Into A '34 Dodge

Silverdome

I know the '35 Chrysler 6 motor is longer so what am I in for as far as fitting it into my '34 Dodge which originally came with a 6? I don't want to change the body position or butcher the firewall and I want to keep the hood on it and use the radiator, hood ornament and grille shell assembly.

Then there is also the issue with the clutch housing and transmission differences. What will I run into there?

Will I be able to use the Dodge transmission and clutch housing on the Chrysler if need be?

Edited by Silverdome

If you don't want to change the body position, butcher the firewall or change the hood or grill assembly I don't see how it can be done. There is only an inch or so between the stock 23 inch engine and the firewall and maybe 1/2 inch or so between the fan and the radiator. . . Fitting a two inch longer block in there without making the area a little bigger will be quite a challange.

On '34 (or maybe '35) and earlier the transmission mount and shift lever are funky: The shift lever mounts to a frame cross member not to the transmission.

Haven't got a clue if the bolt pattern on the Chrylser engine will mount up to the Dodge bell housing. Pretty sure the '33/'34 Plymouth and Dodge used the same bolt pattern for many years and in later years people have done that swap so maybe it's possible but I haven't seen a car with the combination you are talking about. . .