All Shined Up & Ready To Roll

Oldguy48

Spent the last two days getting the Plymouth all shiney for the trip to Ocean City, MD.  A good scrubbing, and two coats of paste wax.  This Oldguy is tired out, but the car looks great! (at least I think so, although my opinion may be a bit biased) :D

post-527-0-36015900-1368221837_thumb.jpg

post-527-0-73814800-1368221856_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back Monday afternoon from the Ocean City Cruise.  A good trip, and lots of cars to look at, although there were only a few old Mopars.  I took some pics and will try to download them as soon as I find my camera.  The car ran great, but I think the speedometer cable broke.  The speedo went kinda wacky, and then "SNAP", it stopped indicating.

Wayne

post-527-0-34276000-1369244286_thumb.png

The car looks great and the speedo breaks automaticly at 115mph! Its a safety internal switch so the newer cars don't look sooooo sloooow!!

Sounds like a good time!!  Doc.

And more...Including the "Space Shuttle Velocity Reductioin Module" attached to my P15.  Just thought I'd throw a bit of humor in there as a conversation starter, although in reality, it will go much faster than I have the nerve to drive it.  Yikes...that V8 scoots the old gal right along, and it will easily keep up with any traffic on the interstate.  Hope you like the pics.  And incidentally, I'm sure many here don't have a high opinion of "Rat Rods", but the one pictured was impressive.  The craftsmanship was outstanding...as good as any other car at the show.  From a distance, it looked like the body was riveted together, but each "rivet head" was actually painted on.  The creativity and craftsmanship on that vehicle gave me a new appreciation for the talent some folks have.

Wayne

post-527-0-44376300-1369443964_thumb.jpg

post-527-0-78323400-1369443991_thumb.jpg

post-527-0-43642700-1369444023_thumb.jpg