Holy "stainless Trim" Batman

thedahmer

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1946-1947-1948-PLYMOUTH-NOS-rocker-mouldings-R-L_W0QQitemZ300043561491QQihZ020QQcategoryZ33654QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

IS it me or is somebody wanting them bad-- makes me want to hold out for more money on the NOS lefts that I have---

Gary.....says rocker trim highly polished, (probably no dings)....calls them super rare. Bob either does some things himself for sends sutff to others to have them shined, repainted, slicked up. He currently also has a repainted, cleaned up air cleaner and oil cap on there with new orange stickers on them. He touts them as show quality. Which they probably are. And manages to pull pretty good money.

Another item is this clock, he says was restored by the Clock Works company. Now at $255 and reserve not yet met.

68_12.JPG

Link to the clock ad: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1946-1947-1948-PLYMOUTH-restored-dash-clock_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33673QQihZ020QQitemZ300043089226QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW He doesn't sell everything every time, but eventually. Has a buy it now of $120 on the air cleaner plus a reserve. Ya gotta remember there are people out there with plenty play money who want perfection. So, shining & painting stuff up and restoring it is not a bad approach. It takes more time, trouble and money than tossing out a dingy item that needs work.

I picked up a couple of very good used rocker moldings from ebay about a year ago for, I seem to remember, about $150.

I'd seen the way prices were going for NOS, so I thought I'd get some before they went completely crazy.

In fact, the pieces were so good I haven't needed to repair them.

They went on the car last week and look great.

My old ones are very badly dented and scratched. (Worth keeping, to be restored, if prices keep going the way they are).

Kinda makes you think you can retire off that pile you bought?????? I believe thisis our friend Mr. Luzon. He seems to have a problem with decimal point placement. But I guess what the market bears, is what the market bears. How much stuff you got left for P's and D's??? Need a partner to polish?????

Robin, I found a a fellow who for about 150 bucks took both of mine and repaired and polished then back to very good condition. Here state side the passenger side ones (LHD) get pretty beat up from parking incidents that they are the rare ones. About 4 years ago, I saw two sets at Hershey. one was nos still in the packing tube for 550, and the other was a set of refurbished ones for about 375.

I should mention my right side was pretty bad, flattened in a couple places and scratched pretty deeply. He did a nice job, and based on the current prices, in retrospect it was a good deal.

Guest Nile Limbaugh

My 37 was in a 'nose-bender' at some point in its life as the grille has a few bent bars and the chrome surround is complete but broken. I figured I'd keep an eye out for a good used one. One finally came up on ebay last week. Used, rusted but solid, chrome fair, but no dents or breaks. Sold for 1000 (one thousand) bucks! I'm starting to understand the trend toward street rods. As far as cosmetics goes, it's a hell of a lot cheaper to customize to suit than to replace some of these scarce parts!

Greg, I still have probably 25 or so NOS lefts remaining of the 100 or so that I bought- I have put them on the bay-- and they have brought anywhere from $150- $425 for one drivers side-- so I guess it is who is looking and who is paying, and what most people don't know is that with a flip of the rear clip the left can be used as the right- and most people won't know the difference-- and if you are looking to do some polishing over the winter Holiday's just let me know I have plenty that needs to be polished-- Bob Luzon does sell some pretty nice stuff-- although he does have alot of it polished and fixed--

My 37 was in a 'nose-bender' at some point in its life as the grille has a few bent bars and the chrome surround is complete but broken. I figured I'd keep an eye out for a good used one. One finally came up on ebay last week. Used, rusted but solid, chrome fair, but no dents or breaks. Sold for 1000 (one thousand) bucks! I'm starting to understand the trend toward street rods. As far as cosmetics goes, it's a hell of a lot cheaper to customize to suit than to replace some of these scarce parts!

I couldn't believe that I managed to get a D25 grill off ebay for $50! In better condition than the one on the car too.