Do B-1-B 16" wheels bolt on to a B-1-C?

I have a line on a set of nice 16" B-1-B wheels but am unsure if they will fit my B-1-C bolt pattern or if the stud sizes are different. I don't have an easy way to check. I know it is probably a SUPER-EASY question for The Experts but I guess my research skills stink too - I can't definitively find the answer. :o

Can someone please enlighten me? Thanks for your patience.

I'm excited about the 16" wheels because I think I can get taller tires easier and keep the revs down. The 30 year old bias ply load range E tires on my truck now are WAY past their prime.

I have a lot of other stuff to worry about before I think about cruising at speed, but the old bias plies are rock hard, and flat spot while the truck is sitting so that it takes 5 miles before they are round again. Then they like to go their own way every so often - following a crown or rut in the road. Makes for some interesting trips. I was thinking of going to tall radials and thought the 16" wheels would be the ticket to a taller tire. Its a local trip truck anyway, so I should just bite the bullet and get radials for the 15" wheels.

I'm running 235/75R15's on my B-2-C with a 3.73 diff from a Plymouth in my rear axle. I can drive up to 75 MPH down the highway with no problems.

Merle

What speedo gear do you have in your transmission?

I'm using my gps but I'd like to use my speedometer

The "B" models (1/2 ton) used 16" wheels with a 5 x 4.5" bolt spacing with lug bolts, whereas the "C" models (3/4 ton) used 15" wheels with a 5 x 5" bolt spacing with studs and nuts.

The B-1-B wheels won't fit your B-1-C, sorry.

Merle

I just measured mine, and I have 15" rims (w/235-75-15 tires) with 5 x 4.5" bolt spacing. I searched Bunn's book for some info on this, but did not find a lot mentioned about the wheel sizes other than the rim diameter and width. What's up with that?

If I'm correct, wheel bolt spacing for 5-lug is measured from the outside edge of one hole to the center of the second next hole.

Edited by John-T-53