New member with a new project truck

Don't know anything about them but got a good deal on it and I'm a sucker for an old truck. It has the flat head 6 in it and it's pretty complete. I got alot of extra parts fenders, hoods and such so most any of the rusted parts I can swap out with the extra parts. Any info you guys can school me on with this truck that would be great.

Anyway here it is

IMG_20110514_140710.jpg

IMG_20110514_140622.jpg

IMG_20110514_140736.jpg

IMG_20110514_140721.jpg

ya got a nice truck there: deluxe cab, stainless steel grille bars, bumper guards, and your parts truck has a factory rear bumper. Lots of potential there...take your time, do the research on this site by reading every post and you'll find purt'near every answer you'll need. There's even two or three books available by Don Bunn that are like The Bible for these ol' beasts. Heck, ya might restore one truck and make a daily driver with a T-5 transmission out of the other. :cool:

Edited by JBNeal
added hyperlink

ya got a nice truck there: deluxe cab, stainless steel grille bars, bumper guards, and your parts truck has a factory rear bumper. Lots of potential there...take your time, do the research on this site by reading every post and you'll find purt'near every answer you'll need. There's even two or three books available by Don Bunn that are like The Bible for these ol' beasts. Heck, ya might restore one truck and make a daily driver with a T-5 transmission out of the other. :cool:

THe second one doesn't have a cab but the guy I bought it all from knows where the cab is, maybe I should have him ask about me getting it.

Awesome deal. It appears to be a B-1-C ('48 or '49 3/4 ton) although it could be a B-2-C ('50 3/4 ton). The parts truck seems to be a B-3-C ('51-'52 3/4 ton). As you can see the grill panel is different, and it the cab is found you will also see that the dash layout is different. Also the doors, although interchangable physically, have a different beltline crease. The hood will also be different to match the different grill panel, but other than that most pieces would be usable.

As was mentioned, there is a lot of good info in this forum if you use the search function, or just sit and read past threads. I also highly recommend picking up this book. There was recently a reprint so they should ba available at a reasonable price again.

Book.jpg

That's about the same shape my 49 3 window is in. Nice clean rear bumper on your spare chassis, mine has a wrap-around. Don't let anyone park in front of your truck, a good bump will loosen the center bumper guard.

Nice truck, you should definitely see about getting the other cab. Build yourself a stocker and a hot rod.

Thanks for the info Merle. I'll pick that book up for sure. I was wondering what all the B1c and such meant and which one I it is, I've been searching and reading about it. There sure is tons of info on these trucks, interesting pieces for sure.

Awesome deal. It appears to be a B-1-C ('48 or '49 3/4 ton) although it could be a B-2-C ('50 3/4 ton). The parts truck seems to be a B-3-C ('51-'52 3/4 ton). As you can see the grill panel is different, and it the cab is found you will also see that the dash layout is different. Also the doors, although interchangable physically, have a different beltline crease. The hood will also be different to match the different grill panel, but other than that most pieces would be usable.

As was mentioned, there is a lot of good info in this forum if you use the search function, or just sit and read past threads. I also highly recommend picking up this book. There was recently a reprint so they should ba available at a reasonable price again.

Book.jpg

What would be considered a reasonable price on this book. I found one on ebay and the guy wanted $155 for it. That didn't seem reasonable to me but I don't know how rare it is.