First Car Show of the Season!

Al B. Bach

We entered our first car show with the Old Girl today! It was the Inaugural Classic and Custom Car Show in Derby Kansas. 118 cars showed up which was a lot better than expected considering the Street Rod Nationals are in being held not far away in Oklahoma this weekend.

Had a great time and met a lot of great people! As you can see, we had a perfect neighbor! 1952 Dodge Coronet. It was pure luck he was the next in the gate to park next to us. Worked out great because all day we had people asking what the engine was and I could just tell them to look at his because ours looks much better with the hood closed. No need to show off how much oil we are dumping on the ground! LOL!

I have uploaded all the photos I took at the show to Photobucket.

http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f168/n001pa/Inaugural%20Classic%20and%20Custom%20Car%20Show/?start=all

IMG_2585.jpgIMG_2586.jpgIMG_2497.jpg

Later,

Carl

Gregg,

Nope. No hardware (if by hardware you mean awards). That's okay because I am certainly not into this for the awards. Besides, the only award the Old Girl would be eligible for would be for originals and we were beat there by a very nice 55 olds that only had a little over 8,000 miles on it and has been stored for most of it's life.

Bob,

Your the first one to guess the wheel covers correct! The stock covers are not in the greatest shape and quite boring to look at anyway so I swaped these out. I had been showing a 67 Galaxie with them on it but the Galaxie has been parked due to some engine problems and high gas prices. People always liked them on the Galaxie so I fuigured "what the heck". I think they look good on the Chrysler. Poor things will probably never see another Buick.:(:D

I wish we had more stable weather. They say if you don't like the weather in Kansas, just wait 5 minutes and it'll change. They aren't kidding! Firday we barely got above 40 degrees with rain and 40 to 50 mph winds all day and yesterday it got well into the 70's and was beautifull.

It is very dry here and there is always a field burning within sight. Even though we have burn warnings, it doesn't stop a lot of the farmers from burning off their fields. I went to Winfield last week and drove by a field with a bunch of cattle in it then about 15 minutes later came back by it again and it was completely burned off with the cattle all crowded into a pond to escape it. I think that one was probably an accident but it's scary just how fast it burned, a 1 mile section in less than 15 minutes!:eek: The big danger around here is the wind. Right now it's blowing at 30 to 40 mph and that is pretty normal.