Another drive in my 51 Plymouth

PhilJohnson

o219881339.jpg

I bought this puppy a while ago for the grand sum of 500 bucks, after tearing apart the starter I got it to run. I've been driving it around for the past month, mostly to my parents and to the salvage grocery store.

The old weatherchecked white walls were making the car shake really bad. So I mounted some tires I had laying around by hand. I put on some 235s on the back in an effort to reduce RPMs. I wanted to put 235s up front but I could only scavenge two of them so I used 215s in the front. Somewhere along the line someone installed air shocks in the rear. To my surprise the shocks held air. As you can see the car has a bit of a rake to it.

picture.php?albumid=198&pictureid=1651

I am slowly trying to fix it up to replace my truck's DD status. The Plymouth is much better on gas than the 65 Ford. It needs the brakes redone and has various small electrical issues. Could use some carb work as well. I noticed it didn't have an oil filter either.