engine mounts

are they really necessary? the 41' somebody converted to a 23' engine instead of 25', and there is no place for an engine mount. in case you dont know, it is a 1.5 tonner.

I'd think w/o mounts the engine would fall out! :D Sorry coulnd't resist! :)

Yes, engine and transmission need to be stabilized on at least a 3 point setting. Engine and load torque will move it all over the place if you don't. Creates mis alignment of U joints, clutch and brake operation, throttle linkage, the last 3 which can be extremely damaging to you and others.

wow. i see the edits didnt work. i meant the kinda flat rubber part up front, right below the water pump. im kinda surprised i didnt get any more sarcastic answers. currently, the truck has a modified front mount, where the engine half is welded to a 1/2" thick chunk of steel which is bolted to the frame, about 2-3" back from the original mount holes. no room for rubber.

Slip some rubber under that welded piece of steel in the front if you can, especially if the rear mounts have rubber cushions. The vibration will work on the bolts and make it difficult to keep them tight. Gotta be room under that hood for the engine to come up a half inch in the front.

If you really want sarcastic answers- No mounts needed but you have to add a wheel to the oil pan.:D No place to bolt the cherry picker on so using mounts is easier and you can close the hood:D. if you put it in the bed, you don't need them there either:D Here's your sign!:D:D:D Poking a little fun. Don't take me seriously.

Cut the pieces out of the sidewalls, not the tread portion. There's enough distance between the 2 points that you shoudn't have any trouble lining up the bolts.