HEI for my P15!

fedoragent

Folks,

I have finally had the HEI installed by a mechanic friend of mine. It is running soooo smooth and the car is running amazingly well. I killed ANOTHER fuel pump, so had to replace that. Other than that the car is running like a champ. I'm going for a long drive after work tomorrow. The next on the list to do is the overdrive to be rebuilt and installed.

FG.

Cool, which vacuum...ported or manifold? Did he tell you what timing setting he used? I just want to see what he thought was best.

It would have to be ported. If it was manifold vacuum then the vacuum advance would be on FULL all the time. I made this mistake with my 440 when I was swapping around carbs. Took me a while to figure out why the motor was running so hot and over heating.

I want to see pics also. I got my HEI a couple months ago, but haven't got around to installing it yet. Would also like to know what it's set at.

• 2 weeks later...

I received mine from Stovebolt Monday evening, installed Tuesday, biggest problem I had was the wire connectors for the Distributer:mad:. I had new wires on the engine, so I purchased new ends and boots for the HEI. Installed per intructions, set timeing at recommended 10 degrees BTD, set plug gap to .060. It now idles smoother, runs better, has more power, and the stumble I would get at times has disappeared:eek:. Glad I did it, now to check MPG to see if there is improvement due to less missfire:D