Oz Dodge Dump Truck help

Jason Hyde

G'day All,

I'm new to this forum but have just acquired a 1949 Dodge Dump Truck Model DE4-52 to restore.

I've attached a couple of photos and hoping someone out there can confirm the window rubbers that I need to get for her.

I've searched Steele's catalogue but can't seem to find the part number for the curved rear windows on the side of the cab.

Any suggestions please

Cheers

post-7428-13585358217809_thumb.jpg

post-7428-13585358218152_thumb.jpg

I didn't find it in their online catalog either. Calling them to ask may be prohibitive from where you are. I did find a listing for them in Clesters for $ 40 for the pair. Whether they export ship or not, I can't tell you.

If it's the same as our US models, you need Steel's 40-0420-77 Fixed Quarter Window Channel at $127.40 (US) per pair. As stated in their web catalog these replace OEM# 1096609 which is the part number listed in my Mopar parts catalog.

Merle

So what's the difference bewtween Clester's and Steele's, other than the price. Clester's 8217-C for 48-53 trucks, rear corner glass channels, 2 pc.

Don't they fit, poor quality, poor service? 87 buck is a lot of differnce.

I have a B3 that I am restoring right now. It has a dump truck box on it and is lots of fun to drive. I have it at paint shop right now. Taking it down to bare metal and cab off. It is the same color as your truck , but I want to paint it dark green. I dont know how to post pics yet so I cant post any. I have been taking lots of the restore.

Restoring is a great hobby mate, you will enjoy the outcome!:)

I have a B3 that I am restoring right now. It has a dump truck box on it and is lots of fun to drive. I have it at paint shop right now. Taking it down to bare metal and cab off. It is the same color as your truck , but I want to paint it dark green. I dont know how to post pics yet so I cant post any. I have been taking lots of the restore.

Hi Guys,

thanks for all the information. I have the old colour chips and it seems the original colour of my truck is Waterway Blue (10450). It seems the rims were also painted to match the body with this colour.

Does anyone have or know how to get the formula to mix this colour?

Cheers from downUnder

Jase Hyde

Hi Guys,

thanks for all the information. I have the old colour chips and it seems the original colour of my truck is Waterway Blue (10450). It seems the rims were also painted to match the body with this colour.

Does anyone have or know how to get the formula to mix this colour?

Cheers from downUnder

Jase Hyde

Jason is there any chance you can expand on what colour chips you have.

I have some colour chips from 53 to 58 and a pretty complete listing for the colours and codes availble on the trucks at the same time, however I have nothing for the 48 to 52 Canadian import trucks sold in Australia.

Regards

Tony

Jason,

Those are my color chips from my personal collection. That one and others can be seen on the T137 site at this link.

http://www.t137.com/colorchips/index.html

Those are the U.S. colors for the B1 trucks. I'm not sure if the canadian colors were the same or different for that year. In the earlier W series some of the canadian colors were different. I will look and see if I have anything on the canadian trucks for you.

Kevin

I did some extensive research on this particular colour while working on a project in the Dupont Paint plant here in Canada.The research person had to find the formula on some old "micro fiche"and then convert to a "close as possible" formula.I haven't had it mixed yet,so I can't really comment on the outcome.Hope this helps mate.

I looked and can't find anything showing colors for a DE4. I have this brochure but no colors are mentioned.

Some of those factory paint chips have darkened and by the time you scan them and get them on a computer, they look black.

If you go with the US colors just look inside the cab for a spot that isn't sunfaded or painted over. Even the dark colors will fade to a real light shade. If its a real dark blue metallic go with the 10349 Dark Blue. If its a medium to light blue go with the 10450 Waterway Blue.

Kevin

post-1939-13585358621219_thumb.jpg