B3B Door Glass Question and it DRIVES!!

ssdodge51

My truck does not have vent windows. I don't know if that is normal or they were removed. They are basically non-functional because the window won't roll up straight. I can make parts to fix that from my 37 Ford unless I can find them from somebody but I was wondering if it had vent windows or not? :confused:

Side note, I drove it for the first time two days ago. The previous owner could not get the brakes working and it sat for a few years. Runs good, drives OK, but after driving it I am going to change the rear end or ratio.

Steve,

I have a 52 B3B with no vent windows. I don't know how many were made that way compared to the vent window style but I'm sure somebody on here will know. My door window was the same as yours, I found clips in the bottom of the door that connected the glass to the lower channel, take a look, maybe that's all it is.

Dan

I removed the vent windows from my 49 B1B recently, and they worked out great using all the original window components, so I have been into this recently. It also sounds to me as though your bottom channels aren't wholly connected to the regulators. There are two large washer type clips that hold the glass bottom channel to the window regulators. There are beveled slots in the glass bottom channels that studs from the regulators go through, and the washer clips slide over and clip across the tops of the studs. These are the same clips that you slide off to pull the window (glass with attached bottom channel) out of the door. If the clips come off, as Dan said, they are usually laying in the bottom of the door. Joel

Edited by JoelOkie

If the Dodge is like my Ford, there is a glass setting tape that goes around the window bottom and into the channel. I have used on all of my old cars and if you get the window completely in the channel it will hold it with no problem. The new cars don't use it but if you can't find any, let me know and I will get you a source. Most of the old Fords use it.

What needs to be done to convert the window mechanisms from vent window to single pane glass. I have ventless style doors on my 1 ton, and a pair of doors from CA that I bought that has the vent windows. I want to convert them to the ventless style before I mount them on the cab. Thanks. Mike

Why does everyone want to switch to 1 piece windows? I've got 1 door for a 39-47 truck with a vent window and keep hoping to find the matching setup so I can have vent windows. I love having the vents in my car and think they'd be just as good in the truck.

What needs to be done to convert the window mechanisms from vent window to single pane glass. I have ventless style doors on my 1 ton, and a pair of doors from CA that I bought that has the vent windows. I want to convert them to the ventless style before I mount them on the cab. Thanks. Mike
Mike, it is very easy to delete the vents. We were into how to go about it recently. Joel

http://www430.pair.com/p15d24/mopar_forum/showthread.php?t=18625

Young Ed-in my 36 Plymouth, there are no vents, and by cracking the window open-it rolls back before starting a downward travel. That and my 52 1 ton are the only vehicles that I have ever seen of that vintage that you can drive with both front windows open w/o messing up the wife's hair. I personally like the looks of the ventless windows in the PH, its one less place to leak. Just a personal preference-everyone has their own. Mike