need opinions. How does it look?

fenders, cab and new bed are on the Dakota frame. One running board is shortened 8 inches. I need opinions (good or bad) as to how it looks. Is the stance ok? does the bed set right with the cab? Inquiring minds (at least mine) want to know..... Bud :D PS, sorry for the quality of the pics, there is no one around to help me roll the truck into the street for better side pics.

post-2377-13585350194928_thumb.jpg

post-2377-13585350195271_thumb.jpg

post-2377-13585350195556_thumb.jpg

post-2377-13585350195919_thumb.jpg

post-2377-13585350196248_thumb.jpg

Guest Kuster13

I think it is looking great! A profile pic would help but everything looks in line. How does the narrower box tickle ya? Would you have rather had a wider box and wider tires or would have narrowed it anyways?

Tom

Might be to early to mention, but are you keeping the turn signals? I have a thing about those I guess. And how bout the beds rails....gonna cap'em off or leave'em open?

Truck is really startin' to look kick ass! Nice work Bud.:D

48D

Edited by 48dodger

I think it is looking great! A profile pic would help but everything looks in line. How does the narrower box tickle ya? Would you have rather had a wider box and wider tires or would have narrowed it anyways?

Tom

actually, Tom, the new box is a perfect fit, I think I would have had to narrow the old one. I still will need to get wheels on the rear with an additional inch of offset as they are fairly close to the bedsides.

Might be to early to mention, but are you keeping the turn signals? I have a thing about those I guess. And how bout the beds rails....gonna cap'em off or leave'em open?

Truck is really startin' look kick ass! Nice work Bud.:D

48D

turn signals are long gone, sorry, I haven't even thought about the rails, great food for thought..... Bud

Yep, chop is good, tyres good, I like the higher profile larger diameter tyres. They seem to fit the trucks better, better perspective than low profile 14 or 15 inch ones.

I would have the thing an inch or two higher myself. But she will still be a head turner.:) makes dodge owners proud

WOW! I like the earlier fenders on the bed, to me they conform better to the front fender raised edge. This is a more modern look and looks great as well, I just have a preference. Glad the turn signals are gone. Are you going to use a stock grill. Color? I really like the chopped top on the pilot-house. :)

WOW! I like the earlier fenders on the bed, to me they conform better to the front fender raised edge. This is a more modern look and looks great as well, I just have a preference. Glad the turn signals are gone. Are you going to use a stock grill. Color? I really like the chopped top on the pilot-house. :)

I have 49 Plymouth turn signals for the front, I am trying for 49 Plymouth tail lights too, but they may be a real headache to get to fit correctly, but they would look awesome. the grille is a 52 Buick and fits great in the opening. Bud

Bud - that truck is awesome. An impressive amount of work. You are to be commended for documenting it all and putting it here. It is an excellent resource.

How will she run in the snow? : ) I'm in Alberta and we travel to Washington (Spokane and Seattle) all the time. When my truck is done I will make the trip with it. Maybe I can come visit you.

Jim in Edmonton Alberta

Bud - that truck is awesome. An impressive amount of work. You are to be commended for documenting it all and putting it here. It is an excellent resource.

How will she run in the snow? : ) I'm in Alberta and we travel to Washington (Spokane and Seattle) all the time. When my truck is done I will make the trip with it. Maybe I can come visit you.

Jim in Edmonton Alberta

Jim, you are welcome to visit anytime (with or without your truck) :D Bud

looks real good. how much did you chop the top? what are you planing to do about the corner windows? did you use two roofs to make it come out right? I'm thinking of choping mine but have'nt figured out the details.

check out the posts on the chop. It should answer all questions. welcome to the forum. Bud

http://www430.pair.com/p15d24/mopar_forum/showthread.php?t=12306&highlight=chopping

Nice work Bud.

Sure has come a long way since I saw it in the fall.

My only comment would be if there was some way to move the nose in closer to the front tires. -- Sorta like a newer vehicle -- the wheels are all moved out as far as they can be to the corners. Gives it a more aggressive stance.

Regardless its looking great.

Steve...

Truck is really startin' to look kick ass! Nice work Bud.:D

48D

Sorry Tim, just realized you were talking about the turn signals and not the park lamps.... DUH..... I must be blonde under the grey.... They are not staying. Does anyone need them????m Bud

Bud the truck is just awsome. I think you should offer custom trucks a chance to run an article on your truck. That ought to make ford and chevs set back and see they are not the only trucks on the road. Congrads on job well done.