A 'must-read' about restoring a Pilothouse

I was rummaging through boxes and came upon this John Jerome peperback I bought on-line several years ago as I was starting my B3B restoration. Now, three years later, I can appreciate it even more. A hilarious story about restoring an old 1950 Dodge truck in New Hampshire, Lots of laughs, particularly for those of you dealing with extreme weather restoration. I believe I was first introduced to it through GTK's old format Pilothouse forum in 2005, and don't recall any mention since. My copy is up for grabs. I bet other used copies can be found on http://www.amazon.com/books-used-books-textbooks/b?ie=UTF8&node=283155. I believe it is out of print.

Jim in Dallas

post-105-13585348998785_thumb.jpg

post-105-13585348999044_thumb.jpg

post-105-13585348999284_thumb.jpg

I found that book 20 years ago in the local library and enjoyed reading it. I was much like Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintanence. I can still remember reading about the wire harness that he spent his good money on.

I think it has been revised and re-issued and is now more general.

I thought the original had a picture of a pilothouse on the cover and not a old chevie.

I just looked at Amazon and the cover truck on that version is a 50's International

Dennis

its -47 with the windchill in Saskatchewan, Canada right now...

i'm pretty sure -40F and -40C is the same..

a little chilly in the garage right now...the snowblower wont even turn over...

neither will my vehicles if the block heaters are not plugged in :)

Just ordered mine from Amazon. 4-6" more of snow predicted for upstate NY tommorrow-gonna turn the heat on in the garage and try to play. Last weekend I was outside with the big Ford all weekend-but I did get to take a 25 mile ride so it was worth it-well at today's gas prices. Think SPRING. Mike

Just ordered mine from Amazon. 4-6" more of snow predicted for upstate NY tommorrow-gonna turn the heat on in the garage and try to play. Last weekend I was outside with the big Ford all weekend-but I did get to take a 25 mile ride so it was worth it-well at today's gas prices. Think SPRING. Mike

Me too - too bad it won't be here until next week sometime. Looks like a great read.

Not that I'm working on the truck yet (working on my bug instead) but it has been way too cold to be outside here in CT. If I ever build a next house, I want a heated garage with heated floors.

That's one thing about this forum - so WIDE in scope. What is bad weather here for me in PA is pleasant stuff for my son in Monrtana. Flarthead valley had 34 inches of snowfall in December and 27 inches by Jan 7th. Wow! And my snow blower started up only to move it from the garden shed to the garage - its annual trip to nowhere. Prolly should sell that thing, but it's still brand new . . .

Like several of you, I also ordered the book from Amazon. Waiting its arrival with baited breath - sharp cheese for supper, what?

Numbeer one son plows snow for a living in winter and cuts grass summers, so he's not complanin' ether.

Got my copy from Amazom yesterday. Read almost half of it last night. Good read on a cold Winter evening. Mike