My new P15!

USMC1188

The original plan was to seperate these bolts attaching the clutch to the flywheel, then remove the flywheel bolts and remove it all, but in order to do that, I need the engine to turn over.

IMAG1427_zps7vgdwxps.jpg

Pic of the trans:

IMAG1427_zps7vgdwxps.jpg

Also, I already pulled this piece out of the bellhousing already:

IMAG1426_zpsdozl8jqh.jpg

Like Don said, you can drive the pins into the bell housing. Then the bell housing can be lifted up over the top of the flywheel.

When I disassembled my engine I also couldn't crank it over to get at all of the Fluid Drive attachment nuts. I laid the engine on it's side and pulled the crankshaft out with the FD attached. Then I could focus on driving out the pistons and valves.

Good luck on your disassembly.

Merle

Got those pins out and removed the bellhousing, clutch, and flywheel

IMAG1438_zpsn6wst1c2.jpg

Stripped the engine of all of the accessories except for the exhaust and intake manifolds (Pain in the @$$ to get to all the studs!)

IMAG1430_zpsovusxaw5.jpg

IMAG1436_zps5jtxfug9.jpg

Pics of the water holes at the thermostat and water pump... I've seen much worse

IMAG1434_zpsgpny3x2e.jpg

IMAG1435_zpsfrt1yhu1.jpg

Finally, I removed the head... all I have to say is GROSS!!!! haha, it's definitely seen better days, I have a lot of work ahead of me

IMAG1439_zpshfwyglpm.jpg

IMAG1440_zpssqdvin2p.jpg

Looked a bit better once I wiped it down

IMAG1441_zpsbbcuclfm.jpg

Close-ups of the cylinders:

IMAG1443_zpsjwdvo5gm.jpg

IMAG1444_zpsjfcreh5n.jpg

IMAG1445_zps0vejrga7.jpg

Here's what I ended with today:

IMAG1446_zpsjhchavmb.jpg

Next question, is how do I get my hands on one of those metal plates/brackets for the engine stand?

• 3 weeks later...

First off. Thanks for your service to this great country. Have fun with your project. When I drive mine it's almost like going in a time warp. Enjoy the feeling when you finally get to that point and good luck.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

How's it going?  Been a while since I updated anything here... A couple months back, we moved into a new place, where I actually got my own 2 car garage all to myself (I told the wife I need the second bay for parts haha).  So, this past week, I have beginning teardown... and one thing I am quickly finding.... RUST!!!!  I'm really worried about it, and really hoping it's fixable.  I don't have any good pictures of it at the moment, but I will try over the next few days as I start updating progress again.

As for how it sits now, I have the hood off, and most of the interior stripped.  I am having a HELL of a time with 2 bolts in the front seat.  I was getting aggravated at it today, so I am going back at it tomorrow.  One of the two is almost out, spins freely, but won't release, so I gotta really figure that one out.  The other is just in a tight spot, so gotta just squeeze in and get it.

Here she is going into her current home:

IMAG1726_zps1tjqxnnz.jpg

My goal is over the next couple weeks to get the doghouse removed, so I can start stripping out the engine bay.  Any tips, tricks?  Easy way's to get the fenders off?

Here is how it sits at the moment:

IMAG1754_zpsqgfdhaos.jpg