Mopar Manufacture Tag!!

55 Fargo

Hi all, today a fellow old mopar car guy dropped by for a quick visit and to check my progress to date. He has restored and owned a number of 48 Chryslers, he has even transplanted a 48 New Yorker Convert onto a 48 sedan floor one time, in order to save the car, the car turned out great and is still being driven in Minneapolis.

He brought me a gift, which is the Mopar tag, he repros these as well as a number of other items, and he has done a great job with it.

I feel fortunate to have Ed nearby as he is a knowledgealbe guy with the old Mopars as well as a generous person. He thought I had made a lot of progress on my car so far, as he saw it from the beginning, he even said my floor weld job was good and he gave me a number of pointers on doing my body work...............Fred

Fred, that looks really good. I would love to get one for my '38 Chrysler which should have one but was gone when I got the car. Could you let me have some contact info for the person who does the repros as I want a Made in Canada one as I live in Lethbridge, Alberta. Either drop me an email or just post it here. Thanks, Robert.

38oldenginecompartment.jpg

38newenginecompartment.jpg

Here is a picuntitled.jpg of a Detroit Plymouth tag, a guy in Sweden has done the repro, he has a few for sale. Not sure of the price, will find out particulars, if anyone is interested. He is a member of the Walter P. Chrysler club.

Here is a quick photo of the plates that I have reproduced

The top one is for P18 and later.

The second one is for P15 and earlier.

The heater tag is for P18 and later.

The starter/generator tag are for everything 6 volt (red).

I could do the Dodge and Chrysler plates if I had good originals to copy.

Tom

idplatessmall.jpg

Anyone interested in the firewall plate for the 1940/41 Canadian Dodge here is a photo of the one I bought about 15 years ago from

Pulfer & Williams

P.O. Box 67 / 213 Forest Road

Hancock, NH 03449-0067 Tel: 603-525-3532 FAX: 603-525-4293

A friend of mine had them make them up from his '41 template. Sorry for the poor photo.

P1010079.jpg

Phil