All this talk about full flow oil filters

Allan Faust

Has got me to ask one question... the one noone has offered a response for yet.... but is most important for me, since I want to add one...Where does the full flow filter plumb into the block, etc.. ie are there already ports, do I have to modify anything etc.... If someone can show me in pics, it would really be helpful.... My "before" engine is shown (don't have pics of the clean, re-machined "after" yet).

Allan

post-113-13585347464289_thumb.jpg

I think Don Coatney has some pretty detailed photos on his installation of the full flow filter. As I recall the blocks that are set up for it have most everything there but you have to drop the pan to install a threaded plug in an oil gallery.

I think Don Coatney has some pretty detailed photos on his installation of the full flow filter. As I recall the blocks that are set up for it have most everything there but you have to drop the pan to install a threaded plug in an oil gallery.

Yes, I saw that on the thread posted earlier.... I'll definitely see, know and understand more when my motor comes back from where it is being stored. In looking at the recent threads, I just couldn't put my finger on the area where the input and output for this addition was (which I saw in Don C's pics in the aforementioned thread), and now, after having seen where, I'll be keeping an eye out for it...

Allan

Allan;

Does your engine block have the diamond shaped boss just below the

brass freeze plug in this picture? If so you can go full flow. Start

looking for the filter housing as pictured below as they were used on

many mopars (some V-8's included) in the 50's. Once you get your

engine back I will walk you through the install process.

dimple.jpg

1111111.jpg

Thanx Don,

I'll definitely be looking for it once I get the motor back... and I appreciate the walkthrough as well.... I'll definitely be taking you up on it.... as for the diamond shaped boss... I'll take a look through my old pics, but for now, the clearest one I have of that side is the one at the top of the thread...

Allan