41 Plymouth Business Coupe Front Coil Springs

Go to solution Solved by Plymouthy Adams,

Rebuilding the front suspension: upper and lower outer pins/bushings, king pins, upper and lower a arm shafts/bushings. While removing the coil springs there was a 3/16" steel spacer on top of the spring (on the drivers side). There is NO spacer on the passenger side. Is it missing one, is it made this way, someone has been in here before and forgot to put it in. I have searched for this item and a cannot find it. I am wondering if I should leave it out, any suggestions?

• Solution

odds are this was installed to level the car due to one spring being weak or of a different tension when possibly repairing a collision incident in the past.  The spring are marked with matching numbers and you can verify if this is or is not a matched pair.  If you retain the spring, and, it sat level and drove well, let a sleeping dog lie.  

• Like 1