1948 plymouth coil spring insulators

firemunkey
Go to solution Solved by 9 foot box,

Hello all. I'm rebuilding a stock front end on a 48' plymouth. I'm looking for replacement I can use?  Universal ones would be ok if someone knows which.  I've searched and the few answers I've found, when I check it looks like they are no longer available.  Thanks for any help.

• Solution

Maybe try searching for coil spring silencer. That’s what the parts book calls them. Roberts and A. Bernbaum have them. The book calls for a spacer on the top driver side spring. Silencer 691144 spacer 657770. I don’t know of a source for a spacer, or if they are metal or what they are made of. I put Aerostar springs on my 46, I believe that they are a progressive spring, that gets firmer as it compresses. I didn’t cut any coils. 

I've used car or truck inner tube cut to fit........seems to work o/k............andyd

Thanks all for your help. Andy's only has the bottom ones on their website. Top have an indentation for coil end and bottom are flat. I'll look into all your recommendations.