'52 Suburban - Brake Upgrade and Clutch

Bob Riding

I'm moving right along on my '52 Suburban build. This week I finished upgrading the brakes to a dual master cylinder from ECI Hotrod Brakes and Brackets. It's very well made and I had no trouble fitting it to my existing underfloor brake pedal.  The instructions were good, and the only thing I had to buy extra was a bracket off eBay, to hold the combination valve below the master cylinder. I tried to re-use all the original clutch parts that I could, but needed to add a bit of metal to the clutch pull back spring arm as it was wallowed out, and install new clevis pins. My wife donated her old tan purse for the clutch fork seal. I saved some $ by using the P15D24 Forum template and made one myself, as AB and others are all out of stock.

Next-steering column fun!

ECIbrakes.jpg

IMG_8239.JPG

IMG_8242.jpg

arm.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks Booger. It's like building car models when I was a kid. I wouldn't be attempting a lot of this without the support of our Forum members! It's also fun. :D

Thank you Bob for posting this with the details and pictures, excellent workmanship & very timely. 
  I hope you will consider on doing the same type of post for your steering column project , I for one am very interested!👍