1950 Coronet Carburetor

Lawless50

Good afternoon. My name is Chad. From Texas.  I'm fixing up a 1950 Coronet with the gyro-matic transmission,  I don't have the original carburetor and I'm having alot of trouble finding a stromberg or one that has the electric parts to it. Is there other alternatives for a carburetor and for the anti-stall and kick down.  Thanks for your time in advance 

Mine has a Carter DTE1 on it. I can find the rebuild kits  it's the solenoid I'm having trouble finding or figuring out one for a Carter DTE1.  I havnt had luck at all finding a Stromberg BXVES. 

Good afternoon,

I also have a 1950 Dodge with a Gyro matic. The 1948 Desoto i have has a carter carburatore. The shop Manuels look like the wiring is the same, the resistor and the circuit breaker to the transmission controls.

I have not tried to swap carburetors yet but it is on my list real soon.

A while back someone some one wired up switches to take place of the controls on the carburetor i never saw any results on that post.

Good luck

It's a solinoed I'm assuming. Does anyone know what the name of it is that I can search for. It connects to the carb and is wierd from the silver box overhanging the motor

There are three wires to the carb. Two wires go to the electric dash pot on the front of the carb. On the driver side are two wires into a single male connector. This goes to the kick down switch. I would imagine any carb from a semi automatic equipped car should work. That wire harness is available separately from the main harness if you need it. 

In a Google search, type D6M1 2146357 carburetor. Other carburetor that may work E6U2. The eBay carb is missing a throttle piece, but you can use the one off of yours. Some of the price’s I’ve seen, $267 delivered is a deal. It has the electric dash pot and what looks like a kick down switch. Rick D

• Like 1

Thank you all.  I bought a Stromberg BXVES-3 carb on Ebay, ( I hope. The carb doesnt say BXVES any where on it)   to get the correct carb for the car. I still dont have the capability to connect wires. I have the manual but it goes over very little on this part of the carb. Is there anyway some one can send me a pic of the electric dash pot "anti-stall" and the kick down switch so I know what I'm looking for. I understand where to hook the wires, I just dont think I have the actually parts to hook them to.I'm sorry I'm a broken record on this I really am chasing my tail on this right now.  I tried posting a pic of the carb but my files are to big

The eBay item number for the carburetor that I was referring to is 315193868798. It would be a direct fit. I don’t see the one you bought, working with a Gyromatic transmission. Like PA says, you have to pay to play if you don’t have the correct parts. I wouldn’t pay $700 for a E6U2 carburetor. But the D6M1 is affordable and should work in your application. Rick D.

Lawless50

I will try to get you pictures Saturday of my 1950 Dodge. Carburetor, resister and circuit breaker, the the controls on the transmission. The Solenoid switch, governor and the interrupter.

I made my own Harness you can see the colors of wire at all ends.

I hope this will help.

Good luck

Frank

I really appreciate it, the Ebay description said this was for the Gyromatic. Which now after getting it I'm realizing it's probably not.  Again I appreciate all the help so far

The first picture shows the double yellow wires to the kick down switch. The second is the circuit breaker that controls the transmission. Next is the back side of the kick down switch where the wires attach. Next is the dashpot. Finally the kick down switch. The plunger is activated by flooring the accelerator at any speed under 35. Hope this helps.

IMG_0694.jpeg

Lawless50

looks like you have most all of it.

I have a few more that may help.

one is the transmission. The other is the kick down .

the transmission picture I need to shrink file to big.

9EE00F23-8182-47EC-BF22-C0FD55143D7F.jpeg