toto, we're not in Kansas anymore

Normspeed

Hey Norm....not a problem on the bumper......They are different anyway I'm pretty sure. I ended up getting a new one from Roberts....it was only about $14 and I needed some other stuff anyway. Hey, I've got a question....the pop up cowl vent.....Mine didn't have any weather stripping around it....so I got some from Roberts. Looks like it will work nicely, but, to install it in the groove in the rear of the vent...doesn't look easy. How hard is it to remove that vent...or the top of it to make the job a little easier? Ever done this? Oh, and just read your post on getting the seal you were waiting for. Thinking of a NM trip, huh? Man, I look forward to the day I feel comfortable taking mine out of the county. Oh, and after all that work on cutting my coils....well, I never did take into account the springs were old....and they ended up settling further down than I wanted...yup, going to do it all again...although it's really easy now I know how it's done. Anyway, got new springs coming...and only going to cut about 3/4 of an inch this time for starters. Anyway, glad to hear your trans fix is working well.

Hooterville ! I live near a small town like that now, A town near by has about 1000 people, another has about 300. It's fine, small towns, can't get lost in them ! BUT, if you have to buy ANYTHING you have to go 20 or 30 miles to find it !...........to Splat 55... cowl vent comes off easy ( course my dash is out now ) loosen 4 screws, in slotted holes , slide it up or down, and out the holes, undo a 1/4'' bolt for the linkage, and lift it out .......