Site Offline 9/23/24 starting 8:00 AM PST ×

Lift installed (pics)

Alexander

Hope you guys keep that cold up there. Us southern boys do not need none of that stuff.

Bill, we don't need that much frost either. Can do a lot of damage. The previous owner of my house was a real party animal according to one neighbor. He added a large concrete patio to the back of the house, that extended along the side of the detached garage in the back year. It was so large I could park about 6 or 7 cars on it. Not long after buying the house in 73 I started getting water in the basement. Then while talking to a neighbor about the water problem, he told me the previous owner had attached the concrete patio to the house with rebar. I cut out a small section myself and found 1/2" rebar going through the concrete block basement wall. The rebar had made a hole in the wall about 3 inches in diameter from the frost heaving the patio. After I cut out the rebar and patched the wall, I then had a contractor come in and bust all the patio out. Then found several spots on the wall just like the first one, that I had to repair. Contractor wasn't too happy with the job either. He didn't expect to see rebar all through just a patio, or even the wire mesh, plus the concrete was about 6" deep all over the patio. Said he would have doubled his price to remove it if he had known that.

So.......rebar and wire mesh and even 6" concrete is not enough to keep concrete from heaving due to frost. All the rebar and wire mesh does is keep the concrete from cracking up and busting so much, but it will still crack if frost gets under it.

After that, I didn't replace the concrete, just filled it with dirt and sod and built a wooden deck, not attached to the house.

Hi guys

Thank you all for your input. A few months back I was looking to buy a car lift. I Finlay did it. here it is installed. I had to re-work the garage door to clear the 2nd car. no big deal. All is well now.

I love it

Alex

Alex-

Love to see more pics of the Dodge... looks like a gem.

Pete

There is a place in Aurora, Missouri that manufactures lifts. I don't know how their prices compare to the Chinese ones. I suspect the quality is good. On the net at: www.Superlifts.com Phone is 1-800-526-9992

958469-215-0.jpg

There is also PerfectPark in Springfield, MO www.Liftsunlimited.com

1-800-762-9651

958476-215-0.jpg

And another place in Aurora, MO......may be a branch for the first place.

They say "lifts you can afford". www.carlifts.biz 866-404-lift

958434-215-0.jpg

You have all got me thinking about getting a lift. When I had my garage built four years ago I had a cathedral roofline put on it with door tracks that follow up the roof expressly to give enough height for a lift. Somehow one thing led to another and I haven't put in the lift yet. I'm thinking that this may be the year. Thanks for the ideas.:)

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!

very nice, gonna make sure the wife see's that pic...

nice rides too!

49DODGEBOY, You can go to Best Buy Automotive Equipment in Temecula, CA that is where I bought my lift. I backed my car trailer in and they loaded it on with a forklift. They gave us great service and answered all questions I had. When we got home it took 5 people, about 3 hours, and 3 six packs to have the car on the lift.

Dennis:cool:

http://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com/4_Post_Car_Lift_s/290.htm

http://community.webshots.com/user/barstowoldfarts