Oil change stickers

Normspeed

I picked up most of a book of these at a swap. I plan to use them on my door jamb like in the good old daze. But, the peel and stick glue is hardly sticky at all due to age. Any suggestions to bring the glue back to life or what glue might work like the original where you could peel them off later?

post-64-13585346312096_thumb.jpg

As Tim mentioned the Spray glue will work. However, you can only spray one at a time when you get ready to use it.

If you want something that you can peel and stick at will you'd probably have to use a double sided tape. You can get that in various thicknesses. The problem with that though is you would have to use a scissors to cut them apart when you get ready to use them. But it would be a clean peel and stick application.

Another option is to make yourself a lifetime supply before you use any of those. Scan the sheet into your computer and save the picture. Then you can buy peel and stick paper at the office supply store and print new ones whenever you want.:) Then you can save the original sheet.

I know there is a glue maybe the spray adhesive that tim suggested, that is use by crafters so you can hold a pattern on piece of wood and remove without damage to the surface. i like Norms coupe's idea with the scan and stick but I think the glue that use for sticky lables is perment and it may be hard to remove.

I know there is a glue maybe the spray adhesive that tim suggested, that is use by crafters so you can hold a pattern on piece of wood and remove without damage to the surface. i like Norms coupe's idea with the scan and stick but I think the glue that use for sticky lables is perment and it may be hard to remove.

You can get both types of self stick paper at the office supply store. One is permanent and one is removable. Just have to make sure you get the right kind of paper.

these are great little EXTRA's to have if you show your car..sure makes it look more PERIOD correct...

Humidity is burning off a tad...it was about 120 percent this morning..so it seemed..temp is cool and am in the shop and loving it....

Tim, we had temps in the 80's today with high humidity. It's unusual for us to have heat like this, this time of year. Actually had to turn the AC on today up here. Supposed to be like this the next couple of days at least. Bummer.:(

One time quite a while back, I bought a sheet of the various engine decals from Neil Riddle. Made color copies of them on regular paper, carefully cut them out, and applied them to air cleaner, oil breather cap, etc with Elmers glue stick. Some have eventually come off, but stayed quite a while. I think soaking the item with water will make it come off. Kind of leaves a film however. And after driving the car in the rain, I discovered those copy decals will run. So, the most recent batch of copies I made on photo quality paper. Don't know how they will ultimately fare.

Here's a Chrysler Corp oil sticker I found somewhere. I suppose a person might make a copy from this. Or I could fax a copy from work if anybody wants one.

100_8363.jpg