Brake questions

squirebill

!949 Plymouth Suburban.  Refurbishing the service brake system.  Pulled all the wheel cylinders and master cylinder from car to refurb at the bench.  Happy that all castings and internal parts are "Made in USA".  All bores were good requiring only slight honing to bring back brightness to the bore.  All bores were 1-1/8 diameter.  My 1946 to 1954 Service manual says all bores are 1-3/8 diameter. So the question is: what can I expect from a drivability and performance stand point with this smaller diameter braking system?  Also, my parts catalog calls out a"Brake Pedal Pull-Back Spring" and a 'Clip".  No picture of these items in the Parts Manual or Service Manual.  Can anyone give me a description of these parts, attaching points, etc. or maybe a picture.  I also have a 1949 B1B with brake pedal return spring. Are the return springs similar on both vehicles?  Regards

20 hours ago, squirebill said:

!949 Plymouth Suburban.  Refurbishing the service brake system.  Pulled all the wheel cylinders and master cylinder from car to refurb at the bench.  Happy that all castings and internal parts are "Made in USA".  All bores were good requiring only slight honing to bring back brightness to the bore.  All bores were 1-1/8 diameter.  My 1946 to 1954 Service manual says all bores are 1-3/8 diameter. So the question is: what can I expect from a drivability and performance stand point with this smaller diameter braking system?  Also, my parts catalog calls out a"Brake Pedal Pull-Back Spring" and a 'Clip".  No picture of these items in the Parts Manual or Service Manual.  Can anyone give me a description of these parts, attaching points, etc. or maybe a picture.  I also have a 1949 B1B with brake pedal return spring. Are the return springs similar on both vehicles?  Regards

Squirebill:  Rich Hartung with the 39 Desoto.  Newtown Square PA is veryclose to my home. Ilive over here in Audubon PA near Valley forge off of PA 363. I looked inmy Mopar streamliner parts book but it only goes upto 1947.  The Brake pedal pull back spring for Plymouth is the same number from 1942-47 866260  this same brake spring was used across the line for Chrysler, dodge, ply and Desoto.

Also there is a small brake clip that the spring connects to at the pivot point where the rod goes thrught he housing I do have pictures of this setup.

I also checked my TriState Mopar parts catalog brake spring 1949 is part number 670046 and it states 1937-41 except 1941 Dodge, Desoto and Chrysler and the part number is 670046

1950-52  uses part number 1313309.

Call me since I am local cell 484-431-8157  home 610-630-9188  desoto1939@aol.com