Need bulb number

Normspeed

I finally got moving today, too hot to do much, it was between 105-110 at my place. I worked under the shade canopies and installed some fresh taillight lenses and blue dots. Took me all day. These 6 volt setups always work so nice and bright after you clean up all the grounds and contacts.

I rebuilt my backup light sockets, the old wires had broken off. Everything is good except I broke both bulbs and can't read the old numbers. They are the same dimensions as a 1034 or 1157 bulb, except 6 volt, single filament and single center contact on bottom. Anyone know the number and a source?

post-64-13585346077028_thumb.jpg

Could be an 1129

Probably a 1129: Single contact 6v 21 cp bulb. See:

http://www.ply33.com/Backmatter/lightbulbs

That should still be available but maybe not at your local bubble wrap auto supply. Doing a Google search on "1129 lamp 6v" brings up a number of possibilities including what appears to be a quartz-halogen replacement.

Found a few offers on ebay. I went for the glutton pack, 5 boxes with a total of 46 new 1129 bulbs, for $12 with priority mail shipping. Old stock from a closed camera shop, listed as automotive or photo applications.

So, if any forum folks need an 1129 or two, shoot me a note. I wonder, were these used in the front parking lights on P15s?

post-64-13585346110953_thumb.jpg

No problem on the bulbs.

Yeah, you could bbq without a grill the last few days. I've been staying inside, drinking too much coffee, It's too hot out to even wash the car and bike. Rented a couple DVDs. At the thrift store I picked up 10 cassettes (my Air Conditioned Festiva only has a cassette player) including a set of Time Life cassettes. 7 or 8 of them, with good quality original songs from 40's into the 50's. Plus a Willie Nelson, all for 10 bucks. First one I popped in started with a great old Les Paul/Mary Ford song.