Easy Way To Mount Generator

Bingster

I pulled and painted the generator seven years ago when I bought my '47 Desoto. I'm putting it back on and it's a heavy sucker.  I can't recall if it has to be done from under the car or if it can be done over the fender. I've already had a hernia operation earlier this year.

Over the top. Mount the bracket amd bolt it to the engine block. The mount the the gen with the two bolts then connect it to the bracket that you use to  adjust the outward  throw to put tension on the fan belt.  yes these are heay units but take it in steps

rich Hartung 

• Like 1

Bingster..........if you have recently had a hernia op then I would suggest that now is the time to phone a friend........lol...........you can bolt the bracket on, attach the adjustment arm, get the bolts ready and have the coffee on so that your friend(anyone who has not recently had a hernia op.......lol) only has to do the lift and stretch, much easier on you.........lol...........I have a friend who had a hernia op then 6mths later had to have it redone........he was NOT a happy camper at all............lol..........so find a friend.........I'd offer to do it for you but the airfare is a bit iffy.............lol..........find a friend........andyd 

• Like 1

And if it does I'm sure he'll be happy to have you pay for it again...............lol.........andyd

• Like 1

Sometimes I'll make a sling for something like a generator, so that I can support the generator with one hand while inserting the bolts at the ends.  

A sling for a battery takes two hands, but it's just a matter of setting the battery on the tray.  

(I used to have a strap that grabbed the battery by the posts.  What ever happened to it?  Modern batteries have built-in handles.  What won't they think of next!)