Body Side Trim Clips???

55 Fargo

Hi, does anyone happen to know a good source where I could buy either NOS or new body/door side trim clips for my 48 Chrysler. I still have the old ones, they are rough, but I suppose I could either sandblast them in a cabinet or dip them in acid or take them into a rad shop and see if they could put them in a basket or some container and acid bath them. I have also considered cleaning them up on a wire wheel, then painting them with a rust paint and be done with it. Has anybody else run into this and what have you done to clean up these little rusty clips, before using them again..........Thanx Fred

Fred, are you familiar with "OLD AUTOS" magazine? If not, it is a newspaper format which is put out twice a month and is printed in Ontario. It started publishing in 1987 and I have been a subscriber since 1989. It's $38.00 per year. There are a couple of advertisers of clips usually in there. Their website is "oldautos.ca". I am in no way connected with Old Autos, just a pleased subscriber. It also has an excellent classified section, which I have found to be very useful over the years. Brendan.