Hi All - New to the forum from England

Dave Armstrong

Got some more done today. Removed the body support that goes across the car in front of the wheel Wells, together with fiberglass, newspapers and expanding foam. Made a replacement panel, and one side of the new floor panel going rearwards (these are only screwed in at present )

post-8558-0-06090200-1450048651_thumb.jpg

post-8558-0-45352500-1450048665_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dave, also doing one of these in Kent would you believe ;), very similar issues with the floor!!

Sill/rocker looks good, looks like you have fixed the outrigger extensions/replacement to the sill then will weld into the outrigger once fitted? I made up the extensions first then the rockers. Just in the process of making and fitting a new floor panel.

Have a look at my build thread here http://p15-d24.com/topic/37817-restoring-a-dodge-49-business-coupe-sloooooowly/page-4#entry403785

Where abouts in Kent are you? I am own Dover way, maybe we coul do a visit and compare notes?

Cheers,

Paul.

Ah, get it now - you don't have any cross members! :D Turned the image up the right way and it all made sense - sometimes think it would be easier to strip the whole sill and replace as a unit rather than the patching I am doing!

Paul.

Hi Paul, The power of the internet......... goes to show how much of a small world we live in... around 10 miles in this case. The car is at work in Aylesham.

I didn't have a lot to start with, so just chopped out and started a fresh. Won't be original, but hey ho.

I will be about tomorrow. drop me a pm

Ta Dave

• 3 weeks later...