Wheel question for 48 B1D express dually

Ksb517

Does anyone have correct pictures of the wheels that go on the 48 B1D 1 ton express dually. The truck came with two different wheels, one with no off set and one with some offset. I would think that if you are going to use as a dually you would want the wheels with no offset on the back to seperate the tires. Also did the 1 ton dually come with no offset on all 4(6) wheels

If it takes the wheel with no offset i would appreciate if anyone has some let me know, I would need 5.

Thanks

Scott

post-6635-0-86031700-1443147095_thumb.jpg

post-6635-0-88025300-1443147143_thumb.jpg

the dually should have 6 wheels on it like the 1st one ya have pictured for the reason you know about tire separation on the rear.  The single-wheel 1-tons had the wheel on the right...here's a comparison I did, with the dually wheel on the left and the single-wheel on the right...I reckon you could get by with the single-wheel rims on the front axle, but the rears have to be correct  :cool:

Edited by JBNeal

I don't think you have the correct wheels, at least the best I can tell from the pics. 1 tons use a "coined" rim where the lug hole are alternately concave and convex, allowing the dually to be bolted on with a single lug nut. Same rim was used on the front. This locked the two rims together in the dually configuration. This was used only on the 6 lug one tons. 1-1/2 tons and larger used the more common Budd dual lug nut spacer set. From your images it doesn't look like you have the coined rims. I will see if I can find my pics of them and will post later. 6.00 x 16 bias ply is as large as you can go in the dually. I never found a radial that was narrow enough to use on dual rears.  

• Like 1

You need two (on each side) of the wheel style that you show in the left of your photos to run duals.  On those wheels, 7.50's may touch at the inner sidewalls of the duals w/o a load on the truck.  The other style rim will not work with duals as there isn't enough offset.   I'm currently running 6.50's on my 1 ton, but will go to 7.00's when I replace them to increase the tire diameter.  If you're going to run singles either style rim will work.   If you have to look for rims, make sure that you check for rust jacking at the rivits where the hoop is attached to the center part of the rim.  Also make sure that it is actually a 16" rim as there are rims with the same lug pattern that are 16.5", and 17".   If you do find 17" drop centers in the dual offset, I don't think they'll fit over the B series rear drums.   Finally, make sure that the split locking ring and flange aren't all beaten up or bent to keep everything safe.   Mike

Edited by MBFowler

This shows how the lug nut holes in the rims should look. The alternating raised ring area interlocks into the other rim so a single lug nut is used. Pic is of the optional 20" wheels, not the standard 16".

post-5682-0-95075500-1443200764_thumb.jpg

• Like 1